How to choose a dentist? That’s a very important question when you’re set on finding the right dentist. Of course, we’d like for you to call Dr. Jergins of ClearWhite Dental. You can choose him with confidence, and we’ll tell you why at the end of this post.
Okay, back to how to find the right dentist. Here are the 5 tips…
- Ask your friends and family. The best way to find a good dentist is to start in your own circle of friends and family. They are the ones who’ve had the first hand experience you’re considering. So ask them questions: Was the dentist kind? Did he explain in understandable terms the condition of their dental health? Was he gentle? Then, go beyond questions about the dentist… was the office clean? Was the staff friendly and professional? Did they offer payment options?
- Consider credentials. Look at the doctor’s educational background — he will likely have his diplomas displayed. Look for membership in dental organizations like the American Dental Association, the Florida Dental Association, and the West Coast District Dental Association, if you’re in Pinellas or Hillsborough counties.
- Look beyond price. It’s tough to compare apples to apples in dentistry. Each mouth is different and will require different treatment approaches. You can ask for a range of prices, but remember that it’s worth it to pay a little more to find a dentist who will give you excellent care in an environment in which you feel comfortable.
- Choose a non chain dentist. Chain dentist offices can offer wonderful care, and because they are usually in prominent locations, they are often an easy choice. But dig a little deeper to find a local dentist who will be there for you for the long run. And, non chain dentists are also able to give you more time at your appointment, and they are not under corporate pressure to see a certain number of patients a day, so they can plan your treatment calmly and confidently.
- Look at his website and reviews. A website is a great way to get an overview of the dentist and his philosophy. Also look at her Google reviews and her Facebook page.
Now that we’ve given you some general guidelines for how to choose the right dentist, we hope you’ll consider Dr. Jergins of ClearWhite Dental. Why?
And, we think he’s pretty interesting on top of all of his other great qualities. Here are 7 things you might not know about Dr. Jergins.